Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Update on metadata manifest

On Apr 3, 2007, at 2:52 PM, Svante Schubert wrote:

>> No, I understand the abstraction, and that seems fine; I am asking
>> about why in the manifest?
> The abstraction is done by separating the binding from the other
> RDF/XML files, correct?
> If you suggest to split the manifest entries from the bindings into
> different files, please say so. Otherwise please state what you
> have in mind.

I'm not exactly sure (it's really not a loaded question), but I could
see storing those bindings anywhere I guess?

For example, imagine something like:

<mm:Entry rdf:about="http://SOME-NAMED-GRAPH"; odf:path="meta/
tables.rdf"/>

... and then in tables.rdf:

   <odf:Element rdf:about="IRI1" odf:path="style.xml" odf:id="id1">
     <dcterms:updated>2006-12-12</dcterms:updated>
   </odf:Element>

Note: I am not necessarily suggesting that; I am just asking:

a) if we really care where the binding is?
b) if we do, where best to put it?

Maybe the answer to a is "yes", and to b "in the manifest" but just
wanted to check what people thought, since I don't recall us ever
talking about it explicitly.