Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Groups - Metadata SC meeting added

On Apr 3, 2007, at 7:52 PM, Patrick Durusau wrote:

> I had gotten the impression that the RDF was doing to declare the
> semantics of the field, that is a generic field mechanism with a rule
> that whatever content is has is preserved on save so that a
> non-enabled application can see the data.

No, we've had no resolution.

We spent months solving the question of in-content literals, but I
think in-content resource references (e.g. text:meta-field) have gotten
less careful attention. And I actually think they're more critical to
this work.

I think Svante and Florian understand what I've been saying (in part as
a result of some off-list discussion), but am not sure.