Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Two questions regarding the latest draft..

A few things Svante:

On Apr 10, 2007, at 3:46 PM, Svante Schubert wrote:

>   1. The root element of the metadata manifest <mm:Manifest> has two
>      attributes rdf:about and odf:baseID. Their value seem quite
>      similar to me, is odf:base still necessary?

My hunch is no, but wonder what the RDF guys (Elias, Dan, Ian) think?
The only value of it would be if we defined it as UUID it seems to me.

2) when you are talking about RDF structures, please remove the XML
language of "attribute" and "element" from the text, and replace with
"property."

3) This is a mess:

<rdf:Description
rdf:about='urn:uuid:224ab023-77b8-4396-a75a-8cecd85b81e3'>
	<rdf:type
rdf:resource="xmlns:odf="http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/2007/03/
meta/opendocument#Element"/>
	<ex:editor>
		<rdf:Description>
			<vCard:fullName>Robert Louis Stevenson</vCard:fullName>
		</rdf:Description>
	</ex:editor>
</rdf:Description>

The first problem is that the URI does not correspond to the URI on the
binding above it. It's confusing as a result.

Second, try this instead for the editor property:

	<ex:editor rdf:parseType="Resource">
	  <vcard:fn>Robert Louis Stevenson</vcard:fn>
	</ex:editor>

Finally, I'm not sure the type is relevant (seems redundant given the
binding) or correct there, and in the other places it's used? Elias et
al might want to check.

This example is definitely wrong, though ...

	<rdf:type
rdf:resource="http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/2007/03/meta/
rdf#element"/>

... and should be:

	<rdf:type
rdf:resource="http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/2007/03/meta/
rdf#Element"/>

Remember: convention is that types are capitalized, properties lower
case.

This brings me to another question: why is the "rdf" in the namespace?

Finally, text:meta-field still needs fixing of course. ***We can't call
ourselves done until this is resolved***

I've attached my edited file.

Bruce

07-04-10-ODF-MetaData.odt