Subject: Namespaces (again)

I believe the SC can move this namespace questions rather to the TC,
here what came up after discussions with colleagues:

1)
Michael clarified, that the shortname for the TC is still "opendocument"
not "office" as used by the website. (Seems to me even more specific).

xmlns:m="http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/2007/03/meta#";
xmlns:mm="http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/2007/03/meta/manifest#";
xmlns:odf="http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/2007/03/meta/opendocument#";

might change to

xmlns:m="http://docs.oasis-open.org/opendocument/2007/03/meta#";
xmlns:mm="http://docs.oasis-open.org/opendocument/2007/03/meta/manifest#";
xmlns:odf="http://docs.oasis-open.org/opendocument/2007/03/meta/odf#";

2)
This is up to the TC, but from my view, I feel no need for a new
namespace for our four new attributes (m:about, m:property,
m:data-value, m:data-type).
There is no nameclash with existing attributes.
Therefore I would rather save the namespace and reuse the nice 'meta'
prefix. The URL for documentation argument weight not as high for me.

3)
The W3C naming scheme using the date irritates me, as we won't change
the date, in case we would add new elements to the next version.
The versioning does not work for W3C formats, either. I just stumpled
over an issue in XHTML 2.0 to change the namespace to
"http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/conformance.html#s_conform_issue_4
And if we ever would exchange the namespace, we would create a whole new
format and we might as well exchange all namespaces, no need to start
with a subpart.

I just asked Robin Cover (OASIS) about his opinion regarding a date in
the URL.

This has no high priority, we might talk about it on today's call in
case time is left.