Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Linking in a vocabulary

Patrick Durusau wrote:
>> <text:p>Text from the Bible....more text<text:span
>> m:about="urn:joseph-son-of-jacob"
>> m:property="foaf:name">Joseph</text:span>
>> more ...</text:p>
>>
> Yes, but note that requires marking *every* string "Joseph" with the
> <text:span> element.
More precisely it would use m:span instead of text:span.

I really like the idea of using some RDF dictionary with patterns to
match strings in the content with RDF URIs. This would help the Office
user a lot, when he has an usability plug-in to add metadata to his ODF
document semi automatically (for instance in search and replace kind of
way), hopefully with a check from the user, as mistakes can be done).
Such a usability tool would modify the document conforming to our
proposal by attaching metadata using m:span with m:about and m:property
to the matched document strings.

In addition this relation between an RDF dictionary and the ODF document
can be stated in RDF/XML or by non-specified RDF statements in the
metadata manifest.
When it would be used more often, we could even standardize the RDF
statement expressing the additional relation to an RDF dictionary in a
later version of our proposal.