Subject: Re: [office-metadata] RDF datatypes

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On May 10, 2007, at 11:36 AM, John Madden wrote:
>
>> What this means for us is, that the meaning of m:datatype is NOT that
>> it generates any new triples, but rather that is restricts the value
>> space of the interpretation of the typed literal to which it applies
>> in accordance with http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-mt/#dtype_interp .
>
> Right, and Svante's reading of this wrong. Data-types are defined by
> URIs, but they are NOT properties.
Bruce, you misjudge me, I asked for triples not stated types to be
properties.

Anyway, what is important with Elias help we are about to fix the
problem in the spec. Patrick and I are currently tweaking on the final
wording.
Basically whenever an m:about / m:property is used in conjunction with
m:data-value and m:data-type,
the RDF object is not the element content, but the value of the
m:data-value attribute.
The element content becomes the RDF object of the rdfs:label from the
m:about.

The m:data-type is referring as data type to the value of m:data-value.