Subject: Re: [office-metadata] RDF datatypes

Elias,
On May 10, 2007, at 1:22 PM, Elias Torres wrote:

> John,
>
> There was a comment you addressed to me inside an XML comment
> inside one of
> your attachments in your emails. sigh.

> Notice the rel in the div and the span. That's striping.
>
> <#i> a foaf:Person ;
>   foaf:office [
>       foaf:address [
>             foaf:street "32 Vassar Street" .
>       ]
>   ] .
>
> However, I don't think we have time do specify this. Or do we?

If we don't have time for this now, that's fine. The ability to
generate blank nodes in the inline markup is not so important, since
we can always do it in the freestanding rdf files. I also think that
goes along with your preference to do the "heavy lifting" in the RDF
files and use the inline markup generally for more lightweight stuff.

> BTW, I don't think we can use prefixed attribute names in ODFa
> (metadata)
> 1.2. I believe you are using those. bad John.

Ahh. That's fine. I haven't looked at the 1.2 spec (my bad).

> Also, what did you mean in one of your emails when you said: I'm
> mixing
> ODFa and RDFa?

What I meant was that I was using rel/rev/content in some places, and
not sticking to property/data-value. I was doing this because I
didn't have as good a handle on our proposal's inline syntax at that
time and I was trying to mimic the whole of the freestanding rdf file
by means of inline. So I used some rdfa-style constructs that I
would, at this point, tend to avoid.

With a better understanding of where we are going now, I think I'd
not try to put so much "stuff" inline, but would keep a lot of the
more heavyweight stuff in a separate RDF file.