Subject: Re: [office-metadata] meta-field and more...

Elias Torres wrote:
> "Bruce D'Arcus" <bruce.darcus@OpenDocument.us> wrote on 05/10/2007 02:40:37
> PM:

>>> Can you or Svante explain a little more exactly what this means?
>>>
>> Bumping this.
>>
>> Bruce
>>

> Svante would like a way for us to map in the manifest an odf:Element to a
> some sort of a plugin/handler/etc.
>
> <odf:Element odf:idref="">
>       <odf:plugin rdf:resource="http://someplugin"/>
> </odf:Element>
>
> However, I feel that's too application specific and we could start getting
> into defining how is that plugin found/loaded/priority/etc. I believe we
> are specifiying a flexible model to encode metadata, not its specific uses.

All applications need to establish the relation between a
text:meta-field and the owning application, which can be a plug-in.
As written earlier this would sufficient to solve this problem.

<odf:Element odf:idref="id" rdf:about="uri:elementURI">
      <odf:belongsTo rdf:resource="http://someNamedGraph"/>
</odf:Element>

Does anyone see a problem by doing so? As it is in the current draft ;-)