Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Persistence of the relation between text:meta-fieldand it's metadata.

Svante,

Svante Schubert wrote:

> I fear this point is still to be considered open.
>
> We once agreed on the odf:type for odf:Files to sort out the
> responsibility for a metadata file.
> Why it is it an overspecification to add odf:type to odf:Element, or
> was it the next step, the abbreviation to give a relation by
> odf:belongsTo="uri:NamedGraph" between the element and the types of a
> certain file (or set of file) that causes the disagreement?
>
> The persistence of the relation between a text:meta-field and it's
> metadata is required by all application and should therefore be part
> of our standard.
> Possibly we can gather some pro/con before the meeting.

I think this may be a language issue.

I don't think anyone is contenting that there should not be a
relationship between text:meta-field and its metadata. Hard to imagine
metadata being used in its absence.

*BUT* that does not establish a relationship to any application that is
going to process that metadata file.

In other words, the metadata file exists with a relationship to some
metadata in the content.xml file, for instance.

What application is going to process that is left completely unspecified.

I think that is what Elias wants. Yes?

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--