Subject: Preserving xml:id

Greetings!

I would suggest the following language for the preservation of xml:ids:

"All implementations must preserve any xml:id attribute and its value
when present on any of the elements listed in 1.4.3."

I realize we will have to change the section reference but for the time
being it simply refers to the elements that are to be listed as taking
xml:id.

I started to try to say something about where implementations delete all
the metadata that is associated with an xml:id but that seems too
specific to me.

The use of the xml:id is still optional.

But, once it is there, it stays.

My only conern is saying that the value is preserved as well. That
strays onto implementations but only just.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau