Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Microsoft's Doug Mahugh on custom metadata

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On May 21, 2007, at 3:42 AM, marbux wrote:
>
>> <http://blogs.msdn.com/dmahugh/archive/2007/05/19/custom-schemas-revisited.aspx>
>>

> Just for comparison for those that might be interested, their
> "structured document tags" are somewhat like our text:meta-field,
> except that we put the instructions in RDF/XML.
As the SD tags were used to adapt business data, I believe XForms would
be our standard way in doing it. It would be the standardized way to
have a data binding to business data (xml data file) in the package and
changing the XML data via fields.
The custom XML parts could be XForms instances, but they as any kind of
data can be simply added to ODF when the file is listed in the manifest.
The custom XML markup could be mapped via xml:id with RDF/XML.

> Also, we have the common model of course.
Yes, we are much more flexible.