Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Groups - MetaData-Examples_07-06-21 (MetaData-Examples_07-06-21.odt) uploaded

On 6/22/07, Svante Schubert <Svante.Schubert@sun.com> wrote:

> Agree that we should be as precise as possible, on the other hand we
> should be as well consistent with our vocabulary.
> Just to be sure, is for you the term "resource description" similar to
> the RDF object and "resource property" the RDF property (predicate)?

The RDF *subject*; the thing. Like objects vs. attributes.

> > Third, as I mentioned before, I think this nested RDF/XML obscures
> > what's going on with the graph, and should be:
> Bruce, you must admit it is only human taste to nest it or use an IRI
> placeholder. One way or the other no parser will be obfuscated by this.

Yes, but this document is not for tools; it's for humans.

> > <med:Patient rdf:about="http://ex-hospital-DB/patients/ID98765";>
> >    <ex:hasID rdf:resource="ID98765"/>
> >    <ex:hasVitals rdf:resource="http://hospital-DB/medical-note-cc1593"/>
> > </med:Patient>
> >
> > <med:VitalData rdf:about="http://hospital-DB/medical-note-cc1593";>
> >    <rdf:type
> > rdf:resource="http://docs.oasis-open.org/opendocument/meta/package#Element"/>
> >
> > </med:VitalData>
> >
> > Finally, surely the rdf:type statement there is wrong, or at least
> > unnecessary?
> Some problem, as mentioned above. The med:VitalData is as in content
> data by default of type xs:string and therefore not of type odf:Element.

No; an rdf:type is not a rdf:datatype!  Now I'm confused what you're
trying to do with this example.

Again, be careful about the language. If you're talking about
datatype, then use that term. If you use "type" then make sure you
really mean rdf:type (an instance of class X).