Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Suggested Changes on the Metadata proposal

Marbux,

I would like to remind you that this is the mailing list of a technical
committee. It's for the technical discussion of proposals. That means,
technical feedback on proposals is of cause very welcome, but we should
abstain from makings assumptions and accusations.

marbux wrote:

> On 6/28/07, *robert_weir@us.ibm.com <mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com>*
> <robert_weir@us.ibm.com <mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com>> wrote:
>

>     Come on now.  Svante giving a list of suggested changes for
>     discussion.  No war crimes have been committed.  Everyone is
>     entitled to make proposals and have them discussed.  We don't need
>     to agree with the proposals, but I don't want to have an environment
>     where we can't have an open & public airing of technical proposals
>     without fear of intimidation.
>
>     Put another way, Marbux.  I don't mind if your dial goes up to 11,
>     but can we at least turn up the volume more gradually? ;-)
>

> No.

We should all be interested in keeping the OpenDocument TC a place where
proposals are discussed in a fair manner on a technical level. I hope
that you agree to that, and that your "no" above does not mean you are
not interested in this.

Best regards

Michael Brauer

OASIS OpenDocument TC Chair

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS

	   D-85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Marcel Schneider, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Boemer