Subject: Re: [office] Re: [office-metadata] Suggested Changes on the Metadata proposal

On 6/29/07, Bruce D'Arcus <bdarcus@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I don't see how this is any real burden (?).
> It is our goal that a wide range of applications comply to the
> OpenDocument file format.

Same with mine. I just think this argument is a ***red herring;*** some vague
hypothetical concern measured against absolutely certain and concrete
problems that will emerge if applications do not preserve xml:id
attributes and associated files.

Tch. Tch. and you lectured me about making accusations. "Similar to ignoratio elenchi, a red herring is an argument, given in reply, that does not address the original issue. Critically, a red herring is a deliberate attempt to change the subject or divert the argument."

<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_herring_fallacy>. So was your admonition to me to "do as I say not as I do?" You can accuse Sun of subterfuge but I cannot? Sounds like a double standard to me. :-)