Subject: Re: [office-metadata] final updates

Bruce,

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:

> On Jul 2, 2007, at 12:10 PM, Svante Schubert wrote:
>
>>  The first sentence was never meant to be dropped and is still valid.
>> I would adapt the first part of your suggestion for the following
>> wording, to make it more precise, what 'preserve' means to us.
>>
>>  "Applications that read and write documents should preserve all
>> metadata files with their named RDF graphs they represent."
>>
>>  I assume we can drop par regarding the statements, as they are what
>> the graph is made of.
>
> I'd strike "named" since this would relate to unnamed graphs as well.
>
> I'm still not sure the language is exactly right though. It's not
> really wrong technical; just a little awkward.
>
> Patrick, any ideas?

Err, is the sense that all metadata files will be preserved? That a
metadata file represents a named or even an unnamed graph is interesting
but not really the point is it?

So, suggest: "Applications that read and write documents should preserve
all metadata files."

Yes, metadata files do represent graphs but that really isn't essential
to the point I think we are trying to make.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

--
Patrick Durusau