Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Re: Fwd: [office] proposal to enhance annotations

Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
> Florian Reuter wrote:
>
>> wouldn't that be a job for metadata and bookmarks?
>
> I think yes, it should be.
>
> Bruce

This was my first impression, too.

But as Oliver said, the proposal is about slightly extending an existing
feature in a backward compatible manner. Furthermore, the annotation
itself is not just text, but are ODF paragraphs, that again can make use
of styles. So, using metadata, we would not only loose the backward
comptibility, we also would have to find a way to handle the ODF that is
the annotation.

Michael

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS