Subject: Re: [office-metadata] citation

Svante Schubert wrote:
> Bruce,
>
> Bruce D'Arcus wrote:
>> Then I suggest we look to include the generic classes and properties I
>> posted in the main metadata proposal.
>>
>> To repeat, we need a generic Field class that people can subclass. So
>> something like:
> Is the generic field you mentioned only for describing our
> text:meta-field element?

Yes.

> In general any further prerequisites regarding citation would be
> helpful, any information on scenarios / requirements you would like to
> cover.

A citation is a field that contains one or more references, each of
which has required source and sequence properties, and the following
optional properties: prefix, suffix, page.

Might look like:

<urn:uuid:098u0813udij13r3j180r> a field:Citation ;
   field:reference <urn:uuid:pw983498134eeqjejfa> ;
   field:reference <urn:uuid:q98924931rijjqp29e4s2> .

<urn:uuid:pw983498134eeqjejfa> a field:Reference ;
   field:sequence "1" ;
   field:prefix "see " ;
   dcterms:source <http://ex.net.1> ;
   cite:pages "23" .

... and so forth.

> Remember I still need to know more about citation, esp. understand what
> you like to cover.
>>
>> field:Field a owl:Class ;
>>     rdfs:label "Field"@en ;
>>     rdfs:comment "A generic document field."@en .
>>
>> field:Reference a owl:Class ;
>>     rdfs:label "Reference"@en ;
>>     rdfs:comment "A reference to an object."@en ;
>>     rdfs:subClassOf odf:Field .
> What is the difference between field:Field and odf:Field?

Nothing. Am not sure what the namespace and prefix should be.