Subject: Re: [office-metadata] citation

Svante,

Svante Schubert wrote:

> Would it be an option for you that we gather more experience with your
> citation metadata implementation first, before the vocabulary is carved
> out of stone by us now?
> I personally think, it might be a a better idea that we gather more
> experience with your metadata implementation and embrace the citation
> metadata vocabulary later in ODF 1.3.
> For instance, the W3C does it this way, waiting for implementations
> until the 'Candidate Recommendation' becomes a final 'Recommendation'.
>
> The nice thing about using metadata for citation, your implementation
> would be already in ODF 1.2 a valid approach and would be
> interchangeable with later OOo versions.
> The only difference it would become in ODF 1.3 a full ODF feature, when
> it is more matured, so we would still have the change to add and tweak
> features?

In principle, I'm fine with that. The only caveats are:

a) I think it's a good idea to include the generic classes and
properties I was suggesting, so that we can just extend those.

b) that we find a way (as I've said before) to issue more informal
documentation of implementation of different use cases between releases
of ODF proper.

We got contacted by the Creative Commons CTO a couple of weeks ago about
possibilities of some collaboration, for example, and that seems a
perfect candidate for what I'm talking about. Likewise with citations.