Subject: Re: [Fwd: Re: [office-metadata] Reuse of metadata proposal for non ODF applications]

On 8/23/07, Patrick Durusau <patrick@durusau.net> wrote:
> Svante,
>
> I think you and Bruce are missing each other.
>
> Bruce, as I understand the request, you want to add:
>
> > What I am suggesting, then, is formally defining a field in OWL:
> >
> > odf:Field a owl:Class .
> >
> > .. which then allows me to subclass that:
> >
> > odf:Citation a owl:Class ;
> >     rdfs:subclassOf odf:Field .
> >
> > Likewise, I have pointed out that generic properties for the field
> > like prefix and suffix are perfectly in order.
> Which is *not* defining all the semantics of a citation but merely
> allows you a place to store them. Yes?

It gives me some generic classes to extend, and some generic
properties to use. In that case, implementing the citation case is
just a simple extension to that generic support.

The bibliographic source metadata is another matter. I don't really
need anything for that, and will just suggest using the new
bibliographic ontology once it's published (soon):

<http://bibliontology.com>