Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Application support for ODF metadata model

"John F. Madden, MD, PhD" <john.madden@duke.edu> wrote on 10/12/2007 04:35:16 PM:

.

> There is, naturally, a scope question here. You could argue that
> these kinds of implementation questions are out-of-scope for the
> metadata group.

.

.
.

I'll duck your main question, but address the scope issue.  It is out of scope for the standard per se.  However, it is reasonable for the Metatadata SC to produce a "Guide for Implementors" or some similar sort of document which recommends best practices in these areas.  The Accessibility SC has done this, and the Formula SC will likely end up doing something similar.

-Rob