Subject: Re: [office-metadata] [Fwd: Re: ODF and semantic web]

Svante Schubert wrote:

> Although we might even augment our set in later ODF specs, let's take a
> closer look at adopting RDFa names.
> Especially as there is a new draft of RDFa available [1].
>
> One ODF unfamiliar design is the absence of attribute namespaces. I
> assume the reason for this design, was the expected greater acceptance
> from the HTML community.
> Therefore my first question: would we use attributes without namespaces?

Yes, I had this question as well. Apparently, we're fine with
namespacing them, though I confess this doesn't make much sense to me.
It seems to me they (the W3C RDFa group) should define a namespace URI
for the attributes, and create namespaced alternatives. We could then
use those.

> Second aside of attribute names, there would be still some problem with
> the attribute data types [2]. For instance @property uses only CURIEs,
> where we use IRIs.

My understanding is the attributes in RDFa using either CURIEs or full
URIs. Obviously, that would be necessary for us to be able to say we're
a true subset.