Subject: Re: [office-metadata] Application support for ODF metadata model

Hi,

I'd agree to Rob here, too. We should focus on the normative material
for the specification documents itself, but having an additional meta
data guidelines documents sounds to be very reasonable, so we my want to
check what would be required to work on that.

Michael

robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

> I'd agree that is is in scope of the committee.  My concern was whether
> it was in scope for the standard.  We've been trying hard to fit into
> the ISO mold for a standard where the actual standard focuses on
> requirements, while more explanatory materials, like guides for
> implementors, best practices, test cases, etc., are factored into
> separate documents.  So I'd like to encourage us to factor our work in a
> way that would make it easy to both 1) integrate the normative
> requirements into an ODF 1.2 standard bound for ISO review, as well as,
> 2) Work additional explanatory materials in a form that could be
> combined with similar output from Accessibility SC, Formula SC to form
> the backbone of an overall "ODF Guide for Implementors" document.
>
> -Rob
> ___________________________
>
> Rob Weir
> Software Architect
> Workplace, Portal and Collaboration Software
> IBM Software Group
>
> email: robert_weir@us.ibm.com
> phone: 1-978-399-7122
> blog: http://www.robweir.com/blog/
>

> *"Mary McRae" <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>*
> Sent by: Mary McRae <marypmcrae@gmail.com>
>
> 10/22/2007 11:32 AM
> Please respond to
> <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org>

> 	"'Bruce D'Arcus'" <bdarcus@gmail.com>, <robert_weir@us.ibm.com>
> cc
> 	"'office-metadata'" <office-metadata@lists.oasis-open.org>
> Subject
> 	RE: [office-metadata] Application support for ODF metadata model
>

> Hello everyone,
>
>  I certainly don't this this type of work is out of scope for the ODF
> TC. The charter is here:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/dita/charter.php
>
>  If instead you feel it more appropriate that this work be done under
> the auspices of the Open Document Adoption TC, there is no reason you
> couldn't carry the work out in that group either.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mary

StarOffice/OpenOffice.org
http://blogs.sun.com/GullFOSS