Subject: [Fwd: RE: Embedding RDF in Microsoft Office?]

of possible interest ... note the affiliation.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: RE: Embedding RDF in Microsoft Office?
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 16:25:35 +0000
From: Mario Szpuszta <xxx@microsoft.com>
To: semantic-web@w3c.org <semantic-web@w3c.org>

Dear all!

The most important technical fact of the prototype is the usage of the
ECMA Office Open XML File Formats:

We are leveraging the Office Open XML File Format as a technical
foundation for embedding the RDF/XML as a part of the Word Document
package. More information on the ECMA Standard "ECMA Office Open XML"
can be found here:
http://www.ecma-international.org/publications/standards/Ecma-376.htm

The plug-in prototype has been developed using Visual Studio 2008 and
.NET Framework 3.5 for Microsoft Office Word 2007. The File Format
Office Open XML is supported for older Office Versions (Office 2003,
Office XP and Office 2000) as well but developing a custom task pane as
we did in the prototype is a little bit more effort with older versions
of Office (but it is possible;))

Kind Regards
Mario Szpuszta

mario szpuszta | architect | microsoft austria