Subject: Re: [office-metadata] CURIE or not CURIE..

Svante Schubert wrote:

> Therefore I would suggest to drop the CURIE for now and use URI only in
> our RDFa attributes and adapt later (ASAP) the namespace and to the
> final solution of CURIE given by the W3C.

+1. This is why we didn't use CURIE's to begin with. I'm fine with this.

> FYI - Just another compatibility question regarding RDFa, I just asked
> Mark Birbeck, one of the RDFa/CURIE editors, who I met on the XML 2007
> in Boston:

My guess, he'll say ...

> In case I export a future ODF 1.2 package containing some RDFa
> attributes and RDF/XML files to XHTML, how does XHTML relate the RDF/XML
> files, which are saved somewhere aside the file.

The only way to do so is via common subject URIs. E.g.:

... and:

<foaf:Person rdf"about="http://svantes.net";>
</foaf:Person>

> Are there mechanisms similar to CSS like a file relation or even an
> embedding of RDF/XML in the header?

People use the link element (with appropriate type attribute) in the
header to refer to external RDF files.

BTW, I haven't yet looked at the new versions. Is there a concise list
of changes besides the one you note above?