Subject: Groups - Adaption of ODF 1.2 metadata proposal (08-12-10-ODF-Metadata-Change-Request.odt) uploaded

The document named Adaption of ODF 1.2 metadata proposal
(08-12-10-ODF-Metadata-Change-Request.odt) has been submitted by Mr. Svante
Schubert to the OpenDocument - Metadata document repository.

Document Description:
Fom my feedback of the W3C Semantic Web Interest group here the adaption of
the ODF 1.2 metadata proposal (enabled change tracking in the ODF text
document).

NOTE: I decided to adapt the previous approved proposal as it was not added
yet to the specification.

The changes relate to the following parts:

Adaption of W3C RDFa standard
Previously RDFa was not a W3C Recommendation and could not be reused in our
spec, now we are able to adapt the official standard.
[see
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/Change_Proposal_for_ODF_1.2_Metadata_-_Adaption_of_W3C_RDFa_standard
]

Usage of W3C GRDDL standard
Meant for non ODF applications to extract the RDF graph from our
content.xml, styles.xml and meta.xml streams via a referenced XSL
stylesheet.
Similar adapted by XHTML files using RDFa standard. The location of the XSL
stylesheet is resolved via the URL of the root namespace (ie. XHTML use
case) or via a GRDDL attribute in the root element (i.e. ODF use case as
namespace is an URN and no URL).
Therefore the only effort for ODF applications is a new root element
attribute, the effect enormous.
(After proposal acceptance I would create the XSL stylesheets and place it
on an OASIS server).
[see
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/Change_Proposal_for_ODF_1.2_Metadata_-_Usage_of_W3C_GRDDL_standard
]

Adaption of RDF mapping to relative URLs
Currently in the new RDF mapping file (manifest.rdf) an arbitrary URN is
being invented for every ODF element described in the RDF graph. But this
creates troublesome URL alias. Instead the standard will require that a
resource (ODF element) will be mapped directly to its relative URL.
[see
http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/Change_Proposal_for_ODF_1.2_Metadata_-_Adaption_of_RDF_mapping_to_relative_URLs
]

Regards,