office-requirements message

Subject: Re: [office] Questions and Answers - Asterisks, Attendance, and Issues Lists

Hello Mary

The requirements SC had a meeting yesterday and as you might imagine,
the question of tooling to deal with the expected volume of comments
was a central concern.

There was a strong consensus (unanimity in fact) that a separate
comment list for the SC would be very useful in keeping the bulk of
the traffic separate and faciliitating a certain amount of automated
post-processing.    Whereas it would be possible to search out the
requirements messages from the main TC comments list (provided some
agreed keyword is used), members feel that the extra volume of mail on
the main comments list would be disruptive and potentially confusing
for those not involved in the work of the requirements SC.  And there
is no easy way to ensure that contributors will follow such a request
diligently.

Can I humbly request that we re-examine the possibility of setting up
such a separate list. Though I am sensitive to the fact that your
sysadmin folk are stretched it seems that setting up a mailing list
might be considerably less effort than trying to host some complex
issue tracking system.

Regards
Bob