office-requirements message

Subject: Re: [office-requirements] Re: [office] Questions and Answers - Asterisks, Attendance, and Issues Lists

Hi Michael

2008/10/23 Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg
<Michael.Brauer@sun.com>:
> Hi Mary,
>
> On 10/22/08 23:38, Mary McRae wrote:
>>
>> Hi Bob,
>>
>>  I promise to bring it up on tomorrow's staff call. It's not an IT issue;
>> the subcommittee is not able to make any decisions, approve any documents,
>> etc. All of that must happen at the main TC level. The IPR is associated
>> with the main TC, as is the comment list, and the feedback license. So we
>> would need to tweak something or other to make that work. I also hope to
>> have a better answer for you with regard to tracking all those anticipated
>> comments within a week's time.
>
> I don't think we have an issue in the SC if the new list is on the main TC
> level. So, a 2nd comment list which behaves like the original office-comment
> list should work. But that's only a suggestion that may or may not be easy
> to implement. There may be other options, too.

I agree.  There is no issue with the IPR etc being associated with
anything other than the main TC.  Though looking at the web
application that drives the system along and automatically presents
links for things I can see how this exceptional case might be
difficult.  I do hope there is a straightforward solution.  It might
simply be to create the mailing list (with all the click through
licensing stuff) manually.

Regards
Bob