office-requirements message

Subject: Re: [chairs] OASIS Issues Tracking System

Hi Mary,

Thanks for the great new!

I'd like to volunteer the ODF TC's ODF Requirements SC's aid in helping
you define a requirements workflow.  This SC would be a good candidate for
a beta site of requirements tracking as well.

Also, looking at the beta issues tracking workflow, I see that you do not
have a "refer" state.  As we track comments from the public list, we find
some that are pertinent to a subcommittees, work such as spreadsheet
formulas or accessibility.  When such issues come up on the TC call, we
refer/transfer/assign them to the SC to propose a resolution.  Is there
any way to capture that intent in a JIRA workflow?   At first I thought we
could just assign the issue to the chair of the SC, but that is ambiguous,
since some members are members of multiple SC's.

Similarly, is there a concept of multiple "projects"?  For example, if we
have a call for comments on ODF Next requirements, simultaneously with an
ODF Errata review, concurrent with an ODF 1.2 public review, is there a
way to keep track of issues/comments in a way that keeps these distinict?

Regards,

-Rob