Subject: [office] DTD conversions

Hello all,

One of my action items was to provide converted DTDs. Since there's no
place to put them yet, I've attached them to this mail.

To do the conversions, I had to fix to problems with namespaces in the
contributed OOo DTDs. John already noted these. Attached is:

OOo_RelaxNG.zip: The contributed DTDs converted to Relax-NG using James
Clark's DTDInst.

OOo_XSD.zip: The contributed DTDs converted to W3C Schemas using James
Clark's DTDInst.

OOo_RelaxNG_Compact.zip: The schema from OOo_RelaxNG.zip converted to
RelaxNG compact notation using an XSLT conversion from pantor.com.

I really like the RelaxNG compact syntax. It's a lot more readable than
the others. The automatic conversion does seem to cause some artefacts
that would not appear in a manually written schema, but it should
provide us with an excellent starting point. For some other comments
about DTD/schema conversion, please observe John Cowan's mail on the
office-comment list.

Sincerely,
Daniel Vogelheim