OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 9 Jun 2003


MINUTES OF THE OASIS OPEN OFFICE XML FORMAT TC MEETING
JUNE, THE 9TH, 2003, 3PM GMT  4:00PM GMT

Attendees
---------
Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Patrick Durusau <pdurusau@emory.edu>, Society of Biblical Literature
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
David Faure <faure@kde.org>
Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>, Arbortext
Paul Langille <paul.langille@corel.com>, Corel
Tom Magliery <Tom.Magliery@corel.com>, Corel
Daniel Vogelheim <daniel.vogelheim@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems

Acceptance of Minutes of the June, the 2nd meeting
------------------------------------------------------
- The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

Action Items
------------
- Phil Boutros: create proposal for unifying change tracking in text and 
table documents
   - in progress
- Phil Boutros: Create proposal for replacement images for embedded objects
   - done, see
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200306/msg00001.html


Discussion of Work Package 6.2 Embedded Objects
-----------------------------------------------
The TC unanimously agreed to Phil Boutros' proposal for replacement 
images for embedded objects (see action items). The TC agreed to use 
"draw:frame" as name for the new element. The TC agreed to keep the rest 
of the specification for embedded objects unchanged.


Discussion of Work Package 6.3 Other Graphical Content
------------------------------------------------------
The TC discussed the suggestion made by David Faure in 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200305/msg00000.html:
- gradients: The TC discussed whether some or all SVG gradient features 
should be taken over into the open office specifications. The options to 
do so are: a) to add SVG's "stop" element to the current gradient 
specification; b) to add SVG's gradient specification in addition to the 
existing one; c) to replace the existing gradient specification with 
SVG's. For option b) and c), it has to be clarified whether SVG's 
gradient specification contains features that are not meaningful for 
office applications. For option c) it has to be clarified additionally 
whether the current specification includes feature not support by SVG, 
like rectangular gradients. The TC's preference for the moment is option 
b).
In addition to this, the TC discussed the relation between color 
gradients and opacity gradients.
Michael Brauer will create a proposal for gradients.
- layers: The TC unanimously agreed to add attributes for visibility and 
edit protection of layers to the specification. Daniel Vogelheim will 
create a proposal for this.
- strokes: David Faure will send a proposal for applying multiple 
strokes to a single shape to the list.
- clipping: The TC discussed clip groups and regions. It was unclear to 
the TC whether clip groups should be bound to pages or to individual 
shapes. David Faure will clarify this.


New Action Items
----------------
- Michael Brauer: Create proposal for gradients
- Daniel Vogelheim: Create proposal for visibility and edit protection 
of layers
- David Faure: Create proposal for multiple strokes per shape
- David Faure: Clarify clip groups/regions

Michael Brauer

OASIS Open Office XML format TC chair



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]