Subject: Followup on "multiple strokes/fills"

( Still from Rob: )

Ok, I got to read a few more things in my Illustrator book :

- apparently the biggest point in multiple fills is when one of the fills
has an effect on it. In the book an example is given where you have two
fills with different color, and one of them is smaller and has a
"roughened" effect.

- something I forgot earlier, multiple strokes/fills should be allowed to
stack the way they want. One popular use for this is to have stroke behind
text, since the stroke normally obscures the text fill. This would
obviously allow in more subtle outlines around the text. You can try this
on paper, but I think you can visualise it in your mind.

- multiple strokes are really useful, lots of examples given in the book.
Its very convenient for parallel outline lines. A nice exmple in the book
is to make a railroad easily using 6 strokes. Multiple strokes with
possible dashes on them can be very powerful.

The xml should change in :

<mystyle>
        <stroke color="red" width="5"/>
        <stroke color="yellow" width="2"/>
        <fill   color="pink" />
</mystyle>

Atm I think there is too little time to finish the proposal. You have to
remember that this is not a well known subject at all. Also we should
decide whether to include graphic effects into it as well, as that is
closely tied to it.
My idea for the moment is to ask for 1 more week, and also ask Benoit
Vautrin, who is the real expert on this, to think about it too and then
we'll come up with something good.

What do you think?
Cheers,

Rob.