OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 14 July 2003


MINUTES OF THE OASIS OPEN OFFICE XML FORMAT TC MEETING
JULY, THE 14TH, 2003, 3PM GMT  3:50PM GMT

Attendees
---------
Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Patrick Durusau <pdurusau@emory.edu>, Society of Biblical Literature
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
David Faure <faure@kde.org>
Tom Magliery <Tom.Magliery@corel.com>, Corel
Daniel Vogelheim <daniel.vogelheim@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems

Acceptance of Minutes of the June, the 30th meeting
Acceptance of Minutes of the July, the 7th meeting
---------------------------------------------------
- Voting was canceled, since the TC did not reach a quorum.

Action Items
------------
- Phil Boutros: create proposal for unifying change tracking in text and 
table documents
   - in progress
- Daniel Vogelheim: Get in contact with SVG working group.
   - done, see below
- Daniel Vogelheim: Comparison of the existing chart specification with 
David Faure's proposal.
   - in progress
- Daniel Vogelheim: Create proposal for extensibility of form controls
   - done, see
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200307/msg00006.html


SVG working group
-----------------
Daniel Vogelheim contacted Vincent Hardy from the SVG working group 
regarding extensions of SVG, like enhanced gradients. Such extensions 
can be included in upcoming SVG versions, provided that we provide a 
detailed specification and that there are at least two sample 
implementations.


Discussion of Work Package 8 Forms
----------------------------------
The attending TC members discussed the form's proposal made by Daniel 
Vogelheim 
(http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200307/msg00006.html). 
Since the TC did not reach a quorum, the attending TC members 
(informally) agreed to start an e-mail voting about the "Modified Form 
Proposal" described below. The TC further discusses whether there is a 
relation to the work of the UBL Forms SC. Daniel Vogelheim will clarify 
this.

Modified Form Proposal
----------------------
1) The current service name attribute (form:service-name), that is used 
to identify control types as well as allowing its extensibility, will be 
replaced by the same identifications and extensibility mechanism that 
the TC will agree for chart types (for instance a URL or 
namespace-prefix/identifier pair).
2a) The "form:property" element will get the same name/type/value 
attributes as table cells and text fields, and the "form:property-value" 
element will be removed.
2b) The "value-type" attribute and the various type specific value 
attributes (like "string-value" or "boolean-value") will be moved to the 
office namespace for table cells, text fields, form controls and all 
other places there they are used. (At the moment, they at least exist in 
the table and text namespace).
3) The "form:control" element will be joined with its child elements 
(like form:button, form:textarea, etc.) by moving its attributes to the 
child elements and removing the "form:control" element itself.
4) The formatted text control "form:formatted-text" that can take date 
values, time value, numeric values, etc. will be replaced with typed 
controls like "form:date", "form:time", etc. that can only take a single 
value type.


New Action Items
----------------
- Daniel Vogelheim: Get in contact UBL Forms SC to clarify a relation to 
the work of that SC.

Michael Brauer

OASIS Open Office XML format TC chair



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]