OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.

 


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]


Subject: Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 21 July 2003


MINUTES OF THE OASIS OPEN OFFICE XML FORMAT TC MEETING
JULY, THE 21TH, 2003, 3PM GMT  3:55PM GMT

Attendees
---------
Doug Alberg <doug.alberg@boeing.com>, Boeing
Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>, Arbortext
Jason Harrop <jharrop@speedlegal.com>, SpeedLegal
Paul Langille <paul.langille@corel.com>, Corel
Tom Magliery <Tom.Magliery@corel.com>, Corel
Daniel Vogelheim <daniel.vogelheim@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems

Acceptance of Minutes of the June, the 30th meeting
Acceptance of Minutes of the July, the 7th meeting
Acceptance of Minutes of the July, the 14th meeting
---------------------------------------------------
- The attending TC members unanimously accepted all three minutes.

Action Items
------------
- Phil Boutros: create proposal for unifying change tracking in text and 
table documents
   - in progress
- Daniel Vogelheim: Comparison of the existing chart specification with 
David Faure's proposal.
   - done, see
      http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200307/msg00012.html
- Daniel Vogelheim: Get in contact UBL Forms SC to clarify a relation to 
the work of that SC.
   - done by Michael Brauer: see below


UBL Forms SC
------------
The UBL forms SC is publishing formatting specifications for 
implementors to follow, but no stylesheets or implementations. The SC 
currently has no requirements for the Open Office TC.


Discussion of Work Package 8 Forms
----------------------------------
The voting about the Modified Forms proposal is in progress. The TC 
unanimously agreed to leave the rest of the forms specification unchanged.

Discussion of Work Package 7 Business Charts
--------------------------------------------
Paul Langille suggested to consider additional chart formats than the 
two currently under investigation to find additional requirements. He 
will create a comparison of these formats until August, the 11th, and 
will afterwards create a concrete proposal together with Daniel Vogelheim.

The TC further discussed the naming and extensibility mechanism used to 
identify chart and control types. Gary Edwards suggested to check the 
UBL specification for this. Daniel Vogelheim will create a proposal.

Discussion of Work Package 5 Styles
-----------------------------------
The TC agreed to continues its discussion with styles. Michael Brauer 
will prepare this discussion by summarizing what aspects of styles have 
been agreed or discussed already.

New Action Items
----------------
- Paul Langille: additional chart format comparisons
- Paul Langille,Daniel Vogelheim: proposal for business charts
- Daniel Vogelheim: Proposal for naming/extensibility of chart and 
control types.
- Michael Brauer: Summary of style discussion that took place already

Michael Brauer

OASIS Open Office XML format TC chair



[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]