Subject: Proposal for enhanced crossing-out an tab-stops

Hi,

following is a proposal for enhanced crossing-out and tab-stop
specifications based on David's proposal (see
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200308/msg00026.html)

First of all, I assume that we use the same attributes that we agree for
underlining, except that they will be called text-line-through-*.

To be able to cross-out (or line-through, to adopt the CSS3 name) with
characters rather than lines, I'd like to propose two new attributes

style:text-line-through-text = "<string>"
style:text-line-through-text-style = "<style-name>"

The style:text-line-through-text is evaluated only if the value of
style:text-line-through-style is different than "none". If the attribute
value is not empty, the string should be used for line-through instead
of the line that has been specified, provided that the application
supports line-through with text. If the application does not support
line-through with text, the attribute is ignored, this means,
text-line-through-style will be evaluated only.

As an alternative, a value "text" might be added to the
style:text-line-through-style that specified that text should be used
for line-through. Applications that do not support this value, should
use a solid line instead.

If the application supports line-trough with single characters only, and
the text-line-through-text has more than one character, the first
character of the line-through-text should be used only. If the
applications supports line-through with with certain characters only
(like "x" or "/"), the application should use one of these characters if
the text-line-through-text specifies characters that are not supported.
In other words: line-through with text has an higher priority than
line-through with lines, even if the line-through-text that is specified
has to be adopted to be usable by the application.

style:text-line-through-text-style specifies a text style that is
applied to the text-line-through characters. It is not applied to
text-line-through lines. If the attribute appears in an automatic style,
it may reference either an automatic text style or an common style. If
the attribute appears in an common style, it may reference a common
style only.

We might apply these extensions to text-underline as well, if we
consider underlining with characters to be reasonable.

For the <style:tab-stop> element I'd like to propose to replace the
style:leader-char attribute with the following set of attributes:

style:leader-style
style:leader-text
style:leader-type, in case we consider double lines usefull as tab
                    leaders
style:leader-color, in case we consider colored lines usefull as tab
                     leaders
style:leader-text-style, in case we consider attributed characters
                          useful as tab leaders

These attributtes directly correspond to the style:text-line-trough-*
and style:text-underline-* attributes.