Subject: Definition of event types

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-DOM-Level-3-Events-20030331/events.html
section 1.4.2 defines a list of known event types.

The namespace URI being used is "http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events";
and the events that are relevant to our case (i.e. not the DOM-tree-manipulation events) are
DOMActivate
DOMFocusIn
DOMFocusOut
textInput
click
mousedown
mouseup
mouseover
mousemove
mouseout
keydown
keyup
<this is where I'm skipping all the DOM-tree-related events>
load
unload
abort
error
select
change
submit
reset
resize
scroll

Of course this only defines the types of events, not
* the object (node) which fired the event
* the event propagation model (like in 1.2.1 in that document)
etc.

But it might be a good start to at least refer to the DOM3 for the "standard events".