OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 17 Nov 2003

Hi all,

Michael asked me to post the following minutes.


NOVEMBER, THE 17TH, 2003, 3PM GMT – 4:00PM GMT

Doug Alberg <doug.alberg@boeing.com <mailto:doug.alberg@boeing.com>>, Boeing
Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com <mailto:garyedwards@yahoo.com>>
David Faure <faure@kde.org <mailto:faure@kde.org>>
Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com 
<file:///H:/OASIS-TC/call021216/pgrosso@arbortext.com>>, Arbortext
Tom Magliery <Tom.Magliery@corel.com <mailto:Tom.Magliery@corel.com>>, Corel
Daniel Vogelheim <daniel.vogelheim@sun.com 
<mailto:daniel.vogelheim@sun.com>>, Sun Microsystems

Acceptance of Minutes of the November, the 10th meeting
- The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

Action Items
- (Phil Boutros: create proposal for unifying change tracking in text 
and table documents)
- in progress
- Daniel Vogelheim, (Paul Langille): proposal for business charts
- in progress
- David Faure: proposal for namespace to use for event names.
- done, see

TC Membership
Uche Ogbuji has left the TC, but plans to join soon.

TC Rules
The TC unanimously adopted rule "5. Inquorate meetings" from the UBL 
subcommittee rules. See 

Discussion of Work Package 9 Events and Scripts
The TC discussed the event namespace proposal in
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200311/msg00006.html, that 
is, to use the URI "http://www.w3.org/2001/xml-events"; as namespace for 
standard events, and to use the event names described in section 1.4.2 of
The TC unanimously agreed to this proposal.

The TC further discussed whether there is a W3C specification for events 
themselves, that is, a schema that can be used instead of the 
<script:event> element. Daniel Vogelheim will further investigate this.

Discussion of Work Package 9 Document Specific Settings
Since the current specification for document specific settings does not 
define a common set of such settings, the TC discussed whether settings 
exist that could be shared among different applications. An example for 
this is the cursor position of the current document view, that could be 
stored application independent, for instance as a paragraph/character 

The TC agreed to compile a list of settings that exist so far, and to 
decide whether there is a common set of settings based on this list.

The TC unanimously agreed to change the value of the 
<office:config-item-set>'s "config:name" attribute into a namespaced 
name as proposed in

The TC further discussed whether there should be "best practice" 
document describing what namespaces to use in general for namespaced 
names and what documents should be referenced by these namespaced URI's. 
The discussion has been postponed to the end of phase 1.

New Action Items
- Daniel Vogelheim: Investigate whether there is a W3C event specification
- Daniel Vogelheim, Michael Brauer: Compile list of document specific 

Michael Brauer

OASIS Open Office XML format TC chair

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]