OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 24-Nov-03

NOVEMBER, THE 24TH, 2003, 3PM GMT – 4:00PM GMT

Doug Alberg <doug.alberg@boeing.com>, Boeing
Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Simon Davis <simond@naa.gov.au>, National Archive of Australia
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
David Faure <faure@kde.org>
Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>, Arbortext
Tom Magliery <Tom.Magliery@corel.com>, Corel
Daniel Vogelheim <daniel.vogelheim@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems

Acceptance of Minutes of the November, the 17th meeting
- The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

Action Items
- (Phil Boutros: create proposal for unifying change tracking in text 
and table documents)
   - in progress
- Daniel Vogelheim, (Paul Langille): proposal for business charts
   - in progress
- Daniel Vogelheim: Investigate whether there is a W3C event specification
   - done, see below.
- Daniel Vogelheim, Michael Brauer: Compile list of document specific 
   - done, see below and

The TC meeting at December, the 1st will be chaired by Daniel Vogelheim.

Discussion of Work Package 9 Events and Scripts
The TC continued the discussion whether there is a W3C specification for 
events themselves, that is, a schema that can be used instead of the 
<script:event> element. Daniel Vogelheim clarified that there is a W3C 
Events specification at http://www.w3.org/TR/xml-events/. This 
specification does not include attributes for the script language and a 
macro name, but only an URL, that again is not specified as an XLink. It 
also contains some attributes and concept that do not exist in the 
current Open Office XML specification. For this reason the TC 
unanimously agreed to not adopt the W3C Events specification.

The TC further agreed to rename the event elements to better reflect the 
fact that they specify event listers rather than events. The 
<script:event> element will be renamed to <script:event-listener> and to 
the <office:events> element to <office:event-listeners>.

Discussion of Work Package 10 Document Specific Settings
The TC continued the discussion whether settings exist that could be 
shared among different applications (see also 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200311/msg00018.html and 

The TC considered it to be reasonable to have a common setting for the 
cursor position, while this is not the case for other settings. The TC 
discussed how cursor positions could be marked in a way that is highly 
interoperable, but also works with cursor positions in page headers or 
repeating table headlines, where a paragraph/character position is 
ambiguous. Since these seem to be two conflicting goals, the TC agreed 
to add a common cursor position setting that works only in the cases 
where a paragraph/character position is unambiguous. This cursor 
position might be overridden by an application specific cursor position 
that is unambiguous in all cases.

The TC further agreed to mark the cursor position with a new element in 
the document content. This element is only evaluated if it is referenced 
by a view setting. Michael Brauer will prepare a proposal for this.

Discussion of Work Package 7 Business Charts
The TC discussed the three proposals for chart enhancements in

The TC unanimously agreed to all three proposals, that is
- the list of chart types will be enhanced by 'surface' and
- the categories element will be moved from the plot area into the
   axis element;
- a style attribute "legend-expansion" with values "wide",
   "high", "balanced" and "custom" will be added, where custom
   requires an additional "legend-expansion-aspect-ration" attribute.

The TC further agreed that the editors should add short explanations of 
the chart types to the specification.

The TC additionally discussed whether the legend positioning options 
should be enhanced. David Faure will create a proposal for this.

New Action Items
- Michael Brauer: proposal for cursor position
- David Faure: proposal for enhanced legend positioning

Michael Brauer

OASIS Open Office XML format TC chair

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]