Subject: Re: [office] 4.1 Question of style?

Hi Patrick,

Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The second paragraph of 4.1 reads:
>
>> The XML elements that represent both headings and paragraphs are
>> called paragraph elements. All text content in an Open Office XML file
>> must be contained in either of these elements.
>

> I understand what is meant but the reference in the second sentence to
> "either of these elements" seems to be confusing. At this point, it has
> not be said what those elements are.
>
> While not suggesting the following is the best option, something along
> the lines of:
>
> "The elements <text-h> and <text-p> represent headings and paragraphs,
> respectively, and are collectively referred to as paragraph elements.
> All text content in an Open Office XML file must be contained in either
> of these two elements."

Your suggestions sounds much better and less confusing than the sentence
we had in the spec. I've changed it.

> Hope everyone is having a great day!
>
> Patrick

Thanks

Michael Brauer                                Phone:  +49 40 23646 500
Technical Architect Software Engineering      Fax:    +49 40 23646 550
StarOffice Applications
Star Office Software Entwicklungs GmbH
Sachsenfeld 4
D-20097 Hamburg, Germany                e-mail: michael.brauer@sun.com