OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 15-Mar-04

MARCH, THE 15TH, 2004, 3PM GMT – 3:50PM GMT

Doug Alberg <doug.alberg@boeing.com>, Boeing
Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Simon Davis <simond@naa.gov.au>, National Archive of Australia
Patrick Durusau <Patrick.Durusau@sbl-site.org>,
	Society of Biblical Literature
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
Paul Grosso <pgrosso@arbortext.com>, Arbortext
David Faure <faure@kde.org>
Tom Magliery, Blast Radius <tom.magliery@blastradius.com>
Daniel Vogelheim <daniel.vogelheim@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems

Acceptance of Minutes of the March, the 8th meeting
- The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

Action Items
Michael Brauer: Get in contact with DCMI regarding a liaison relationship.
   - in progress

Committee Draft Voting/Phase 1 Exit
The Committee Draft voting is running until Friday, March, the 20th. 
Michael asked all TC members to cast their votes.

The TC agreed that it will formally close its phase 1 in the next call, 
provided the the committee draft voting is successful.

The TC discussed an OASIS standard approval. Michael will clarify the 
requirements for this approval.

Phase 2 Preparation

The TC discussed the details of phase 2.

The TC discussed how the TC should be organized to be able to address 
the maintenance of the base specification as well as to specify new 
features. Possible solutions include
1) The TC will be divided into two separate sub committees.
2) The TC will not be divided. The maintenance of the base specification 
will be conducted primarily by by e-mail, while the topics for con calls 
primarily will be new features. Regarding maintenance, several option 
have been discussed for con calls:
2a) There will be separate con calls for maintenance topics. These con 
calls will be schedules on demand.
2b) There will be separate con calls for maintenance topics with a 
predefined schedule. For instance, the first con call in a month might 
be reserved for maintenance topics.
2c) There will not be separate con calls for maintenance topics. If 
there are maintenance topics that need a discussion or voting in a con 
call, they will be scheduled for one of the next con calls. Within this 
con call, maintenance topics will be discussed at the beginning.

The TC unanimously agreed to option 2c, that is, the TC will not be 
divided into sub committees. Maintenance topics will be discussed 
primarily by e-mail, but also at the beginning of the con calls.

The TC unanimously agreed to keep the schedule of phase 1, that is to 
have weekly conference calls.

Preparation of phase 2 topics
The TC discussed how the discussion of new features should be prepared. 
Unlike as in phase 1, where the OpenOffice.org specification was used as 
basis for discussions, there are no such specifications existing for the 
phase two topics.

The TC agreed that the phase 2 topics each have to be prepared by a TC 
member (for instance by creating a specification proposal) and that only 
the topics will be discussed where such a preparation exists.

All TC members have been asked to identify the topics they would like to 
prepare, together with a date when the preparation might be available.

The TC discussed whether the TC's charter has to be revised or clarified 
for phase 2. Michael will check this.

New Action Items
- All: Identify phase two topics you would like to prepare
- Michael: Clarify OASIS standard approval requirements
- Michael: Clarify whether charter has to be revised/clarified

Michael Brauer

OASIS Open Office XML format TC chair

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]