OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 29-Mar-04

MARCH, THE 29TH, 2004, 4PM GMT – 5:00PM GMT

Doug Alberg <doug.alberg@boeing.com>, Boeing
Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Simon Davis <simond@naa.gov.au>, National Archive of Australia
Patrick Durusau <Patrick.Durusau@sbl-site.org>,
	Society of Biblical Literature
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
David Faure <faure@kde.org>
Tom Magliery, Blast Radius <tom.magliery@blastradius.com>
Daniel Vogelheim <daniel.vogelheim@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems

Acceptance of Minutes of the March, the 22th meeting
- The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

Action Items
Michael Brauer: Get in contact with DCMI regarding a liaison relationship.
   - in progress
Michael: Clarify charter with OASIS TC administration
   - done, see

Con call starting time
The TC agreed to move the con call starting time to 3pm GMT (8am PDT, 
5pm CEST) during daylight saving times is US and Europe.

Charter clarifications
The TC discussed the charter clarifications proposed in
The TC especially discussed whether the charter allows to discuss new 
document types and whether this should be mentioned in the charter's new 
scope section. Michael will clarify this.

Feedback on specification document
The TC agreed that the title of mails containing feedback to the 
committee draft should start with "SPEC".

Committee Drafts
The TC discussed when a new draft could be finished that contains the 
feedback that has been arrived. The TC considers end of April to be a 
reasonable date for a new draft. At the same time the TC may check 
whether a new draft should become a Committee Draft.

The TC further discussed whether stylistic issues should be addressed 
for the next draft. The TC agreed to do that only if there are enough 
resources available to do so.

Phase 2 topics
The TC discussed the list of minor topics for phase 2. The TC agreed 
that the topic "multiple body elements" will not be addressed until a 
use case for multiple body elements has been identified. The TC also 
agreed that the topic "enhanced change tracking for text documents" will 
be addressed only if requested by one of the TC members.

In the next con call, the TC will discuss the minor phase two topics 
where a proposals exists already.

New Action Items
- Michael: Clarify charter with OASIS TC administration

Michael Brauer

OASIS Open Office XML format TC chair

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]