Subject: Proposal: extension to animations

In a presentation, effects are listed in a flat list of effects inside the animations element.
The order of the effects comes from the order of the children in that element.
For instance ooimpress generates:
   <presentation:animations>
    <presentation:show-shape draw:shape-id="1" presentation:effect="move" presentation:direction="from-top">
    </presentation:show-shape>
    <presentation:show-text draw:shape-id="2" presentation:effect="laser" presentation:direction="from-upper-right">
    </presentation:show-text>
   </presentation:animations>

However this doesn't allow to have several things happening at the same
time (like KPresenter can do, and I'm told Powerpoint too)

My proposal is to add a draw:order attribute to the effect elements,
which is a positive integer number. Animations with the same effect
number will happen at the same time. Unused numbers are skipped.
This I mean that if animations are assigned the number 0, 1, 1, 1 and 5,
then the first animation will happen, then the next three at the same time,
then the last one.

I can see that the main problem is going to be compatibility: existing documents
won't have the draw:order numbers. But maybe it's enough to say that
the value of the draw:order attribute defaults to the animation's position
inside the <presentation:animations> element? So the above example
would implicitly mean the first animation has draw:order==0, and the
second one draw:order==1.