OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 14-June-04

JUNE, THE 14TH, 2004, 3PM GMT – 3:50PM GMT

Doug Alberg <doug.alberg@boeing.com>, Boeing
Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Patrick Durusau <Patrick.Durusau@sbl-site.org>, Society of Biblical 
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
David Faure <faure@kde.org>

Acceptance of Minutes of the May, the 24th meeting
- The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

Action Items
- Michael Brauer: Get information about OpenOffice.org preview images.
   - done, see
- Daniel Vogelheim: Clarify enhanced database field proposal
   - in progress
- Michael Brauer: Get OpenOffice.org requirements regarding 
grouping/timeline of presentation effects.
   - done, see

Writing Mode
The TC discussed the inconsistency in the specification where the 
description of "style:writing-mode" contains a value "auto", but the 
schema a value "page" (see
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200405/msg00035.html). The 
TC unanimously agreed that "page" is the correct value.

Cell Content Validation
The TC discussed the proposal for enhancing the value of the table cell 
validation attribute "table:condition" by an function 
"cell-content-is-text()" (see 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200406/msg00000.html). The 
TC unanimously agreed to this proposal.

Preview Images
The TC discussed the proposal for adding an optional preview image into 
packages (see 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200406/msg00001.html). The 
TC unanimously agreed to this proposal.

Presentation Effects
The TC discussed the proposal for grouping presentation effects. See
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200405/msg00032.html and 
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200406/msg00009.html. The TC 
discussed whether the current presentation effect specification should 
be enhanced, or whether W3C's SMIL recommendation should be used 
instead. The TC agreed to allow minor enhancements to the current 
specification, but to discuss SMIL events at a later time.

The TC unanimously agreed to to add an <presentation:animation-group> 
element to the <presentation:animations> element. It may take all 
elements of the <presentation:animations> element as child elements. 
Nesting of animation groups is not allowed, that is, a 
<presentation:animation-group> element cannot have another 
<presentation:animation-group> element as child.

The TC additionally unanimously agreed to add a "presentation:delay" 
attribute to the presentation effect elements that specifies the delay 
before a presentation effect starts after the previous one has been 

Fill Rules
The TC discussed the proposal for adding the "svg:fill-rule" attribute 
to the <draw:path> element at
The TC agreed to add the "svg:fill-rule" attribute to the 
<style:graphic-properties> element, because that is the location of 
other properties that influence filling.

TC Editors
David Faure volunteers to become a TC editor. This was accepted by the 
attending TC members.

New Action Items
- Michael Brauer: prepare David's editor position.

Michael Brauer

OASIS Open Office XML format TC chair

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]