Subject: Re: [office] Clipboard format

Hi David,

David Faure wrote:

>Thanks for the information.
>Do you know if pasting "Flat XML" is supported too?

I don't think so. 'Flat XML' in OOo is more considered a developer tool
than a file format, and hence by default we don't really support it
anywhere where file formats come into play. So this is mainly an
artefact of our 'flat' XML file format decision.

Off-hand, I also can't see a specific reason for supporting 'flat' files
especially in the clipboard. Clipboard operations are inter-process
communications, where I would expect saving in transmision size to be
similarly valuable as in file operations.

Sincerely,
Daniel