Subject: Re: [office-comment] Section 1.5 - implementations SHOULD use the namespace prefixes given.

On Monday 25 October 2004 16:53, Michael Brauer - Sun Germany - ham02 - Hamburg wrote:
> David,
>
> do you know an application that actually could be able to support the
> OASIS Open Office format, but does not support namespaces?
Yes - KOffice :-)

We currently look for "office:styles" etc., not for "the element named prefix:styles
where prefix was associated with urn:oasis:names:tc:openoffice:xmlns:office:1.0",
as proper namespace support would mandate.
This is due to the lack of namespace support in Qt's DOM implementation.
And I believe that doing it by hand in KOffice itself would make the reading much slower.

So I would actually like it very much if the specification could request that
the given prefixes are used by everyone.

I also assumed that many hand-made scripts relied on the current prefixes,
but I have no proof of that.