Subject: Re: [office] Open Office XML?

Patrick,

Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> Ramping up for a proofing round on the latest (version 16) of the
> specification and I have a general question:
>
> Beginning in the introduction there are numerous references to "Open
> Office XML."
>
> That seems awkward to me as in some cases the reference is clearly to
> the "Open Office specification."  Or to an "Open Office document." (In
> some cases there is "Open Office XML document," which seems rather
> redundant. If it is an Open Office document, it is of necessity an XML
> document.)

I agree. I will remove/replace the term "Open Office XML" whith terms
like "Open Office document", "Open Office schema", etc.

> This may seem like a rather minor point but when reading 600+ pages,
> anything that is less than clear or makes reading more difficult, should
> be avoided.
>
> Hope everyone is having a great day!
>
> Patrick

Michael Brauer                                Phone:  +49 40 23646 500
Technical Architect Software Engineering      Fax:    +49 40 23646 550
StarOffice Development
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Sachsenfeld 4
D-20097 Hamburg, Germany                e-mail: michael.brauer@sun.com