Subject: Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 22-Nov-04

MINUTES OF THE OASIS OPEN OFFICE XML FORMAT TC MEETING
NOVEMBER, THE 22TH, 2004, 4PM GMT – 4:40PM GMT

Attendees
---------
Doug Alberg <doug.alberg@boeing.com>, Boeing
Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
Lars.Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Tom Magliery <tom.magliery@blastradius.com> (Blast Radius Inc.)
David Faure <faure@kde.org> (Individual)
Patrick <Durusau Patrick.Durusau@sbl-site.org> (SBL)

Acceptance of Minutes of the November, the 15th meeting
- The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

Action Items
------------
none

Working Draft
-------------
Draft 19 was posted to the list

Feedback/Comments
-----------------
there were no further comments on the specification

Statistics Proposal
-------------------
the statistics proposal, which was posted to the list on Nov. 14th was
accpeted. Attributes that were listed in the text: namespace go into the
meta: namespace.
the "character-without-space-count" attribute name shall be
"non-whitespace-character-count"

Discussion on writing style
---------------------------
The problem with the writing style is not the active voice used. Rather
the informality implied by the use of "you can..." phrases. Those should
be corrected - if possible, before we declare the specification to be
final. If this is not possible, we must at least do this before we move
onwards to ISO standardization.
Tom has volunteered to start rewording a few chapters and to report to
the list on progress.
It was aggreed to announce rephrasing issues to the list before editing
the spec in order to prevent conflicts.

Specification name