Subject: Proposal for "possessive month names"

Hello TC members,

In some languages (at least Czech, Polish, and Slovenian), dates can contain
either the month as is (e.g. "17 stycznia 2004" in Polish is "17th January 2004")
or using the possessive form ("17 dzieƄ stycznia 2004" is "17th day of January").

This is a little bit like "the 12th of January" in English, except that this form
is only spoken and not written in English.

In order to let users control which style the date fields should use, I would like
to add a boolean attribute to number:month which tells whether to use the "possessive" form.
It could be named "number:possessive-form" for instance. Default value "false" of course,
and this attribute only makes sense when number:textual is true.
Short and long forms exist, so number:style applies.

<number:month number:possessive-form="true" number:textual="true" number:style="long"/>
would therefore show "of January" or its translation in the appropriate language.

This is something we already support in KOffice and which we would need in the
next version of the draft in order to save all date styles.