Subject: [office] Open Office XML Format TC Meeting Minutes 2005-02-14

MINUTES OF THE OASIS OPEN OFFICE XML FORMAT TC MEETING
2005-02-14, 4PM GMT – 5:00PM GMT

1. Attendees

Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
David Faure <faure@kde.org>
Patrick.Durusau <Patrick.Durusau@sbl-site.org>, SBL
Tom Magliery <tom.magliery@blastradius.com>, BlastRadius

2. Acceptance of Minutes from meeting at 2005-02-07

The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

3. Action Items

Lars: clarify mimetype registration with OASIS staff contact
   - in progress, waiting for OASIS
Lars: get certification from Sun
   - done
Gary: establish contact between David and OpenOffice developers
   - done
Gary: follow up with OOo marketing projekt on logo
   - in progress
Michael: collect certifications
   - in progress

4. Status of OpenDocument Specification

Michael will work the changes that have been aggreed upon due to
comments during the review phase into the specification document.
Since all comments have been addressed in public and are all of minor
impact to the work as a whole, we will not hold another public review.
The TC will thus conduct a voting on submitting the specification for
standardization by OASIS once the updated version becomes available.
Standard submission is planned to take place no later then 2005-03-15.

5. TC Discussion

5.1 Use of Forign Namespaces

We see a similar namespace problem as has been discussed in the last
meeting regarding namespace use with SMIL. We will thus use our own
namespace for SMIL attributes in order to prevent polution of that namespace
Questions arose regarding use of xlink, mathml and DC namespaces, but we
view their use as conforming.

The following 'wrapper-namespaces' will be used in the specifications:

urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:svg-compatible:1.0
for attributes from element namespace http://www.w3.org/2000/svg

urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:xsl-fo-compatible:1.0
for attributes from element namespace http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format

urn:oasis:names:tc:opendocument:xmlns:smil-compatible:1.0
for attributes from element namespace http://www.w3.org/2001/SMIL20/

5.2 Parameter Delimiters
A comment regarding the inconsistent use of ',' (comma) an ';'
(semicolon) as a seperator for parameters in function calls in
spreadsheet formulas and other attribut values which use function-style
values.
We came to the conclusion, that function-style attributes are not
formulas and that the parameter seperator should be based on the context
in which the function is used. XPath expressions are another example
where comma delimited function parameters are used...

6. New Action Items

David: get KOffice certification
Garry: get OpenOffice certification

7. Next Conference Call