OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OpenDocument TC Meeting Minutes 21-Feb-05


Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
David Faure <faure@kde.org>
Tom Magliery <tom.magliery@blastradius.com>, Blast Readius

Acceptance of Minutes of the February, the 14th meeting
- The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

Action Items
Lars: clarify mimetype registration with OASIS staff contact
   - in progress, waiting for OASIS
Gary: follow up with OOo marketing project on logo
   - in progress
Michael: collect certifications
   - in progress
David: get KOffice certification
   - done, see
Gary: get OpenOffice certification
   - in progress

Discussion of namespace usages
Michael clarified that there seem to be no issues existing for the
Dublin Core and XLink namespace usage. Dublin Core specifies elements
only, where the element names used in OpenDocument match the ones used
in the Dublin Core schema. The XLink specification defines prefixed
attributes already that are intended to be used within other schemas.

Discussion of XForms namespace usage
The XForms namespace usage has been reviewed by the XForms WG (see
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/200502/msg00021.html). The
XForms WG agrees to the usage of their namespace within the OpenDocument
specification, with the exception of the "xforms:submission" attribute,
where they propose to rename it "form:xforms-submission". The attending
OpenDocument TC members unanimously agreed to this proposal.

Status Review
Draft 24 is available. It contains the namespace changes agreed in the
last meeting. Michael will prepare a new working draft that contains the
"xforms:submission" attribute renaming agreed in this meeting, and will
set up an e-mail ballot for a committee draft voting for this draft.

Compliance Logo
The TC continued the discussion regarding a logo that conforming
application may use in their marketing materials. The TC discussed what
compliance could mean exactly, for instance whether an import or an
export of OpenDocument format should be sufficient, or whether an import
and an export would be required. The TC further discussed whether the TC
itself should check compliance, or whether the specification should
define under which circumstances an application may call itself
compliant, and therefor may use the logo. The TC considered it to be
useful to research whether other OASIS TC have compliance logos, and if
so, how they are used. The discussions will be continued in the next

The meetings on February, the 28th, and March, the 7th will be chaired
by Lars Oppermann.

New Action Items

Michael Brauer

OASIS OpenDocument TC chair

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]