OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: OpenDocument TC Meeting Minutes 9-May-05

MAY, THE 9th, 2005, 3PM GMT – 4:00PM GMT

Michael Brauer <michael.brauer@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Patrick Durusau <Patrick.Durusau@sbl-site.org>,
    Society of Biblical Literature
Gary Edwards <garyedwards@yahoo.com>
David Faure <faure@kde.org>
Xiao Wei Hu <huxiaow@cn.ibm.com>, IBM
Lars Oppermann <lars.oppermann@sun.com>, Sun Microsystems
Tom Magliery <tom.magliery@blastradius.com>, Blast Readius
Nathaniel Borenstein <nborenst@us.ibm.com>, IBM

Acceptance of Minutes from May 2nd
- The attending TC members unanimously accepted the minutes.

Action Items
Lars: clarify mimetype registration with OASIS staff contact
    - done, submitted request to OASIS
All: Identify new topics for website/FAQ
    - in progress
Michael: ask OASIS to contact ISO
    - done, submitted request to OASIS
Gary: contact OOo about logo
    - done, waiting for response

Status of OpenDocument specification
OASIS will issue a press relase on the OpenDocument standard on May 18th.

The following (potential/possible) future agenda items have been discussed:

* Security/Signatures
a proposal from OOo developers is expected for this

* Spreadsheet formula syntax
there is demand for a standardized formula syntax. IBM has been looking
into this issue. Nathaniel will review the work of David Wheeler who
first brought this issue to the TC.  David, Nathaniel and Lars will work
on a further roadmap for this topic.

* custom schema
there have been numerous requests in this direction and a use case
analysis is required

* conformance specification/clearification
it has been agreed in a previous con call that the conformance section
should be revisited to check if enhanced conformance rules are of benefit.

* character level borders
a proposal for new border attributes is expected from the KOffice team
next week

* database document type
a proposal for a document format for databases is expected from
OpenOffice.org developers in two weeks

* extensions to form controls
a proposal from OOo developers is expected next week

Proposed roadmap for the next calls:
1st week: character-level borders, form controls
2nd week: database document format
3rd week: conformance
4th week: custom schema

New Action Items
- none -

Next conference call
Monday the 23rd is a public holiday in France and Germany, the next call 
will thus be Monday, 2005-05-30 3PM GMT

Lars Oppermann
OASIS Open Document Format TC secretary

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]